My photo

Anshul is a Political Science and Law graduate from the University of Delhi. He is interested in political, legal and policy developments and frequently writes on related themes. You can contact him on anshulkumarpandey [at] gmail [dot] com.

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Photo Essay: Paanch Saal Kejriwal

Once upon a time, when I used to be a Kejriwal supporter, I recorded the oath taking ceremony of the Delhi Chief Minister in Ramlila Maidan. This is the photo essay of that ceremony.

After a landslide victory in the Delhi Assembly elections in which his party grabbed 67 out of the 70 seats, Arvind Kejriwal, the national convenor of the Aam Aadmi Party, took oath as Delhi's 8th Chief Minister in the presence of thousands of his supporters (including me) in the historic Ramleela Maidan.

I reached the venue early in the morning to find a suitable spot from which to witness this historic moment. To my dismay, passionate supporters of the Chief Minister had already occupied the front row seats and I got a spot somewhere around the front-middle. My disappointment was more than made up after I witnessed the swearing in ceremony and heard Arvind's speech. The crowd was ecstatic and the experience was what people describe with a cliche: "once in a lifetime". 

I managed to click some pretty good shots and I am sharing them with you all. Years later, when I see this blog post, I will remember that history was made this day and I was fortunate enough to be a part of it.